Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday Tips- Flavoring your Water

Drinking more water is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Despite knowing this I never drink enough, it’s boring and soda tastes so much better.  I know not healthy or cheap.  Soda is ridiculous expensive, and if you buy the semi-healthy stuff it’s even worse.

In order to encourage me to drink more I make water tasty and healthy; by adding flavoring.  I add in real food, herbs and fruit primary.
Frozen fruit helps keep my water chill while adding flavorings.   Today I made orange ginger.

I slice up the oranges and ginger pretty thin, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. A few hours later I throw them into a ziplock baggie.  

As I need some I take a few pieces out and add to my water.  It tastes fantastic and I feel so much better after drinking water.  It also ends up super quick, just as much time to open a soda can as throwing a few pieces of fruit in water.  It's even frugal, it breaks down to a few cents per glass, much cheaper than a soda.

Now doesn't that look refreshing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment